Just say what you want
Surf channels or search for your favorite programming all by simply speaking to the new Voice Remote. This remote features advanced voice recognition technology to search Live TV, On Demand & Netflix at the same time. Simply press and hold the button to enable voice recognition and speak the commands for an easier TV experience. Learn More
Introducing Voice Control with Google
We have partnered with Google Assistant to give you even more voice control of your TV. You can now connect your Google Home, your Google Assistant app on your smartphone, or any other Google Assistant device to your Hopper 3. Use your voice to change the channel, search your Hopper by show or movie title, actor or genre; control your DVR; pause, stop, fast-forward, rewind, and skip; and more! Learn More
We gave you even more control of your TV by partnering with Amazon Alexa devices. Just link your Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or other Alexa-enabled device to your Hopper 3 and use your voice to change the channel; search your Hopper by show or movie title, actor or genre; control your DVR; pause, stop, fast-forward, rewind, and skip; and more! Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I start using voice control on my DISH receivers?
- Voice Remote: Simply press and hold the microphone button on the DISH Voice Remote and speak clearly to change the channel, pause programming, record your favorite show and more. The Voice Remote is included with all new installations at no extra cost. Already a customer? Click here to get a voice remote!
- Amazon Alexa: After following setup instructions for your Amazon Alexa device, initiate the conversation with your Alexa device as usual (“Alexa”) and tell your Alexa device to change the channel, pause programming, record your favorite show and more. Don’t worry, your Alexa device will maintain all other functionality even after it has been integrated with your DISH receiver.
- Google: After following setup instructions for your Google Home device, initiate the conversation with your Google Home device as usual (“Hey Google”) and tell your Google Home device to change the channel, pause programming, record your favorite show and more. Don’t worry, your Google Home device will maintain all other functionality even after it has been integrated with your DISH receiver.
What can these devices do?
- Change the channel
- Just say the name or number of your favorite channel!
- Control what you’re watching
- Pause, resume, skip forward or backward, all with your voice.
- Search for shows and movies
- Just say the name of your favorite actor or genre or search directly for your favorite content.
- Schedule recordings
- Use your voice to set recordings for what you are watching or for shows and movies coming up soon!
- Launch Apps
- DISH has a variety of apps that are integrated directly into our receivers, like Netflix and YouTube, that can be accessed through voice control technology.
How do I get a voice control device?
- Voice Remote: The DISH Voice Remote is included at no extra charge with the purchase of your package. Already have DISH, but don’t have a voice remote?Click Here
- Amazon Alexa: Available for purchase on Amazon or where electronics are sold.
- Google Home: Available in the Google Store or where electronics are sold.
How do I set up my device?
- Voice Remote: No setup required! Your DISH technician will pair your remote during installation. Just press the microphone button on the remote and tell it what to do!
- Amazon Alexa: Follow these quick and easy steps to pair your Alexa device to your receiver.
- Google Home: Follow these quick and easy steps to pair your Google Home device to your receiver.
What if I already have a device? Do I need anything else to set it up?
- Setting up your device is quick and easy. You will not need to purchase any additional equipment other than what is included with each device. Review the equipment requirements below and then simply follow the steps for your device on dish.com to begin your DISH entertainment experience.
- Equipment Requirements:
- Wi-fi Connectivity
- Wally or Hopper DVR
- Power source
- App Requirements (needed to complete setup)
- Website Requirements:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer (10 or higher)
- Echo Dot connects to dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) networks that use the 802.11a/b/g/n standard. Echo Dot does not connect to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) networks.
What are the differences between these devices?
- Voice Control: Your DISH Voice Remote comes with unique features that make it easy and convenient to use.
- Backlit buttons: The buttons on your remote are backlit and will light up automatically to allow for easy channel changing even in a dark room.
- Customizable Buttons: Make your remote your own by choosing two custom functions that are accessible with a single button press.
- Alexa and Google Assistant Devices: Speak to your devices without lifting a finger.
Why do I want Hands-Free TVTM?
- Hands-Free TVTM no need to search for the remote or stop what you’re doing.
- Easily change the channel while folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen without skipping a beat.
- Show off for your friends and family.
- Show the latest in DISH technology and how it makes your viewing experience with the best it can be.
- Family entertainment to try different commands and other games on the devices.
- Get the most out of your technology.
- Voice enabled devices make it easy to quickly browse upcoming shows, record your favorites, and find the information you need.
- We are constantly improving our product capabilities with the help of our partners to provide you with the most comprehensive entertainment experience.
Which DISH receivers work with these voice control devices?
- Use any of the voice control options from DISH with your Hopper-family receivers (All generations of Hopper, all generations of Joey) or Wally receiver.
Can it work from room to room?
- Your Google Assistant integration can control any receiver in your home. Use the nickname or room that you assigned to your receiver during set up and specify that receiver during your request. For example, “Ok Google, change the channel to ESPN in the Bedroom.”
- Your Alexa integration is a pairing directly from one Alexa device to a single DISH device. To pair a different DISH receiver to your Alexa device, unpair and repair your system.
- The Voice remote will only work with the receiver it is synced with. In order to use the voice remote from room to room the remote would need to be synced to the desired receiver each time.
Does voice control work with my device?
- Luckily, our integrations work with any device that has Google Assistant or Alexa built in. Just follow the same setup instructions and you’re all set.
© 2018 Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. All rights reserved. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc.