Voice Control Features
Now you can simply tell your remote what you want to watch and it's on!
Frequently asked questions
- Voice Remote with the Google Assistant: Simply press and hold the microphone button on the DISH Voice Remote and speak clearly to change the channel, pause programming, record your favorite show and access your Google Assistant. The Voice Remote is included with all new installations at no extra cost. Already a customer? Click here to get a voice remote!
- Amazon Alexa: After following setup instructions for your Amazon Alexa device, initiate the conversation with your Alexa device as usual (“Alexa”) and tell your Alexa device to change the channel, pause programming, record your favorite show and more. Don’t worry, your Alexa device will maintain all other functionality even after it has been integrated with your DISH receiver.
- Works with Google Home Device: Your DISH receivers also work with your Google Home devices. After following setup instructions for your Google Home device, initiate the conversation with your Google Home device as usual (“Hey Google”) and tell your Google Home device to change the channel, pause programming, record your favorite show and more. Don’t worry, your Google Home device will maintain all other functionality even after it has been integrated with your DISH receiver.
- Change the channel – Just say the name or number of your favorite channel!
- Control what you’re watching – Pause, resume, skip forward or backward, all with your voice.
- Search for shows and movies – Just say the name of your favorite actor or genre or search directly for your favorite content.
- Schedule recordings – Use your voice to set recordings for what you are watching or for shows and movies coming up soon!
- Launch Apps – DISH has a variety of apps that are integrated directly into our receivers, like Netflix and YouTube, that can be accessed through voice control technology.
- Voice Remote with the Google Assistant: The DISH Voice Remote is included at no extra charge with the purchase of your package. Already have DISH, but don’t have a voice remote? Click Here
- Amazon Alexa: Available for purchase on Amazon or where electronics are sold.
- Google Home: Available in the Google Store or where electronics are sold.
- Setting up your device is quick and easy. You will not need to purchase any additional equipment other than what is included with each device. Review the equipment requirements below and then simply follow the steps for your device on dish.com to begin your DISH entertainment experience.
- Wi-fi Connectivity
- Wally or Hopper DVR
- Power source
- App Requirements (needed to complete setup)
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer (10 or higher)
- Echo Dot connects to dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) networks that use the 802.11a/b/g/n standard. Echo Dot does not connect to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) networks.
Voice Control: Your
DISH Voice Remote comes with unique features that make it
easy and convenient to use.
- Backlit buttons: The buttons on your remote are backlit and will light up automatically to allow for easy channel changing even in a dark room.
- Customizable Buttons: Make your remote your own by choosing two custom functions that are accessible with a single button press.
- Access the Google Assistant directly on the DISH Voice Remote. No additional devices needed.
- Alexa and Google Assistant Devices: Speak to your devices without lifting a finger.
Hands-Free TV™ no need to search for the remote or
stop what you’re doing.
- Easily change the channel while folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen without skipping a beat.
Show off for your friends and family.
- Show the latest in DISH technology and how it makes your viewing experience the best it can be.
- Family entertainment to try different commands and other games on the devices.
Get the most out of your technology.
- Voice enabled devices make it easy to quickly browse upcoming shows, record your favorites, and find the information you need.
- We are constantly improving our product capabilities with the help of our partners to provide you with the most comprehensive entertainment experience.
- Use any of the voice control options from DISH with your Hopper-family receivers (All generations of Hopper, all generations of Joey) or Wally receiver.
- Your Google Assistant integration can control any receiver in your home. Use the nickname or room that you assigned to your receiver during set up and specify that receiver during your request. For example, “Hey Google, change the channel to ESPN in the Bedroom.”
- Your Alexa integration is a pairing directly from one Alexa device to a single DISH device. To pair a different DISH receiver to your Alexa device, unpair and repair your system.
- The Voice remote will only work with the receiver it is synced with. In order to use the voice remote from room to room the remote would need to be synced to the desired receiver each time.
- Luckily, our integrations work with any device that has the Google Assistant or Alexa built in. Just follow the same setup instructions and you’re all set.