Easy to Set Up & Use
The Hopper®, Wally®, and Joey® now work with Google Assistant
Your Google Assistant connects with your DISH receiver, allowing you to control your TV using your voice. Connecting couldn’t be easier! Just follow the 3-step process below to get started.
Requires internet-connected Hopper®, Joey®, WallyTM, and any Google Assistant-enabled device. Google and Google Home are trademarks of Google LLC.
Before You Begin
To get started, download the Google Home App
Enable DISH in Google Assistant
- On an iPhone, download and open Google Assistant app.
- On Android, simply say "Ok Google"
- Tap the "Account" icon in the top right of the screen
- Tap "Assistant"
- Scroll down and select "Home Control"
- Click the "+" icon in the bottom right of the screen, then scroll down and select "DISH" from that list
Pair your internet-connected set-top box with Google Assistant
- On your DISH set-top box, go to Menu > Settings > Google Assistant > Get Code
- Enter the code generated into Google Assistant app and select Activate
- Wait for the app to find discoverable devices. Confirm your devices and assign them to the correct rooms.
- Ensure phone image is below “Before You Begin” heading in mobile.
Control Your TV with Your Voice
- Try saying things like “Ok Google, go to Channel 140” or “Hey Google, show me Tom Hanks movies”