Three years after the Game of Thrones finale, HBO is returning to Westeros.
House of the Dragon – a GoT prequel about the Targaryen war of succession, aka the Dance of the Dragons – will premiere Sunday, August 21 on HBO and HBO Max. The new series is the first of several spin-offs in the works (including a Jon Snow-focused sequel) and from the look of the trailers, it promises all of the backstabbing and intrigue that made Game of Thrones one of HBO’s biggest hits.
While House of the Dragon is unquestionably the biggest new series premiering on HBO and HBO Max in August, there are plenty of other new and returning titles debuting this month, from a new documentary on Princess Diana to the latest season of Hard Knocks. Check out the list below and follow this link to add HBO (which includes HBO Max) to your DISH package today!
Industry, Season 2 premiere (HBO)
- Harper, Yasmin, and Robert must drive new business and make new alliances both in and out of the office as Pierpoint and its junior bankers seek to take every advantage in a post-COVID world.
Sweet Life: Los Angeles, Season 2 premiere (HBO Max)
- Sweet Life: Los Angeles gives a unique look at what it means to be young, Black, ambitious, and in constant pursuit of one’s dreams. Exploring themes of loyalty, legacy, and love, this coming-of-age series follows a group of long-time friends in South L.A., as they navigate the relatable, chaotic, mid-20s moments at the quarter-life mark and propel each other into adulthood success.
Jesus Sepulveda: Mr. Tough Life, Comedy Special Premiere (HBO)
The Smiling Friends Go To Brazil, Special (HBO Max)
Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Detroit Lions, Season 17 Premiere (HBO)
- The first sports-based reality series, Hard Knocks gives fans an all-access glimpse into what it takes to make it in the NFL.
The Princess, Original Documentary Premiere (HBO)
- An intimate an immersive look at the life of Princess Diana, directed by Academy Award nominee Ed Perkins, The Princess draws solely from contemporaneous archival audio and video footage to take audiences back to key events in Diana and Charles’ life as they happened, including their seemingly fairy-tale public courtship and wedding, the birth of their two sons, their bitter divorce, and Diana’s tragic and untimely death on August 31, 1997.
House of the Dragon, Series Premiere (HBO)
- Based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood,” the series, set 200 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” tells the story of House Targaryen.
Katrina Babies, Original Documentary Premiere (HBO)
- From director Edward Buckles, Jr., Katrina Babies offers an intimate look at the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and its impact on the youth of New Orleans.
House of Ho, Season 2 Premiere (HBO Max)
- House of Ho, the multi- generational family docusoap, chronicles the daily lives of patriarch Binh Ho, matriarch Hue Ho, their daughter Judy Ho, their son Washington Ho and his wife Lesley Ho, Aunt Tina, and Cousin Sammy.
Victor and Valentino, Season 3C (HBO Max)