This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) explains how DISH Network L.L.C. and its affiliates collect, use and share information about DISH subscribers and others who visit DISH websites, view DISH advertisements, or interact with DISH products or services. In this Notice, the terms “DISH”, “DISH Network”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to DISH Network L.L.C. and its affiliates, which collectively own and/or operate the DISH® direct broadcast satellite television service and all other services that are available now or in the future from DISH (whether subscription, pay-per-view or otherwise). The term “you” refers to you as a subscriber to or user of our services. Your use of our services constitutes your acceptance of this Notice.
This Notice does not apply to EchoStar Corporation or its subsidiaries or the Sling TV service, the dishNET satellite service, the dishNET wireline service, or any other product or service provided by DISH that is covered by a separate privacy notice.
We use information we’ve collected and received from and about you and your account (“Information About You”) primarily for business or commercial activities, which may include:
Personal information and usage information may be aggregated and/or de-identified for other business and marketing uses by us. This aggregated and/or de-identified data may be used to improve our products and services, to measure and analyze use of our products and services, to provide more relevant marketing and advertising, to measure advertising effectiveness, to conduct market research, to report ratings and viewer measurement, and for other analytical and reporting purposes.
We may combine the various information we collect and receive from and about you, including account information, personal information, usage information, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
DISH treats information about you (including personal information) contained in our business records as confidential. We may share information about you with select partners in order to provide you with the best products and services. Our agreements with business partners and service providers that collect information limit the types and use of information shared with these companies.
We may also share information about you (including personal information) to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; and to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere.
We may share your name and address with others, such as charities, marketing organizations, or other businesses for satellite or non-satellite “mailing list” purposes. Any such disclosure for “mailing list” purposes would be limited to subscriber names and addresses, and the disclosure does not reveal, directly or indirectly, (i) the extent of any subscriber’s viewing or use of a satellite service or other service provided by us; or (ii) the nature of any transaction made by the subscriber over any facilities used by us.
We may be required by law to comply with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, or where there is a lawful request, to disclose information about you (including personal information) without your consent or notice. We may also be required to disclose personal information to a third party or governmental entity in response to a court order. If the court order is sought by a governmental entity, you should be afforded the opportunity to appear and contest in a court proceeding relevant to the court order any claims made in support of the court order.
We may share information collected or received from or about you in de-identified and/or aggregate formats. We may share this with companies that collect and compile consumer data, including those that create reports about what programs people watch.
We may share information with networks and other providers of programming about what packages our subscribers have purchased and what programs our subscribers watch. We may also share some demographic or usage information. This information is de-identified and/or aggregated, and DISH will not tell the programmer which individuals or households watched the program.
DISH may use information about you for marketing or advertising purposes in the following ways:
• To provide you with more relevant TV advertising. We may use information we have collected or received from or about you through your use of the services or from third parties to show you advertisements that match your interests. We use information such as service packages purchased, video-on-demand purchases, and program viewing data. We may also use demographic and interest information (such as gender, family size, and hobbies) you provide or that we obtain from other companies. You may be able to opt out of this addressable advertising, as described below in the “What Choices Do You Have?” section.
• To provide you with advertising for DISH products and services. We may use information we have collected or received from or about you through use of the service or from third parties to provide you with marketing information, offers and advertisements for DISH products and services or to exclude you from receiving certain marketing information, offers or advertisements. Our activities with respect to such marketing information, offers and advertisements may occur on DISH websites and platforms or websites and platforms operated by third parties.
• To provide others with more relevant advertising. We and our advertising partners may also use information collected from or about you by us or our advertising partners and information we obtain about you from third parties to deliver advertising that is targeted for individuals with similar interests. We may combine aggregated and/or de-identified information to create groups based on actual or assumed shared interests and/or factual characteristics. We also combine information about the programming that our customers watch on the Service with their common interests to help us figure out what advertising may be most relevant.
Certain parts of our services require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be automatically recognized upon revisiting and may not be able to use certain features of the Service or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
You may ask DISH to stop using cookies on Dish.com that help us deliver more relevant advertising to you. To make this choice, please visit https://www.dish.com/ad-preferences .
To understand your other choices for receiving more relevant online advertising, please review the information below:
1). To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. 2) To opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
2). To opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Even if you opt out, you will still receive advertising from DISH and third parties. You may also still receive TV advertising from DISH or third parties that is customized based on information we’ve collected or received from or about you or on information about your online activities from third parties that are not DAA or NAI participating companies.
You may limit DISH’s delivery to your set-top box of addressable advertisements that were selected for you using your information (including personal information) by visiting our Privacy Portal, logging into your MyDish account or contacting us in writing at the mailing address listed in the contact section below.
You also may choose to limit certain collection or disclosure of your information as follows:
1) You may limit our disclosure of your personal information for “mailing list” purposes by contacting us in writing at the mailing address listed in the contact section below.
2) You may limit our collection of viewer measurement data from your set-top box by contacting us in writing at the mailing address listed in the contact section below.
3) Please click here https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/AdditionalPrivacyChoices.pdf for more information provided by some of our service providers and business partners.
In any written request to DISH, be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, and your DISH account number. The written request should be signed by the person who is identified in our billing records as the subscriber. If you have a joint account, a request by one party will apply to the entire account. If you have multiple accounts, your notice must separately identify each account covered by the request.
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
1. You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business or commercial purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
2. You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, for an internal business purpose, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
3. To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at +1(866) 986-0068 or visit our Privacy Portal. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. We will respond to your opt out of sale requests promptly.
• We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
• We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
• We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
Nevada law permits Nevada residents to make certain requests about how their personal information is shared with third parties or affiliated companies. To make such a request, please visit our Privacy Portal.
DISH takes information security seriously. We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized third-party access to information about you. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or information about you.
DISH maintains personal information about you in our regular business records while you are a subscriber to any of our products or services. DISH also maintains personal information about you for a period of time after you are no longer a subscriber to satisfy legal or tax requirements, for fraud prevention, or for business purposes.
You can obtain access to the personal information that we collect and maintain from and about you that is held in our regular business records (generally, billing and account information).
If you wish to obtain a copy of this information, please mail a written notarized request for a copy of your personal information to DISH Network L.L.C., Attn: PRIVACY, P.O. Box 6655, Englewood, CO 80155-6655, giving us a reasonable period of time to locate and prepare the information for your review. All requests must include your DISH account number. We will mail the information to you at your current billing address. You will be permitted to request only records that contain personal information about you and no one else. To protect you and ensure that the request is being made by the true person to whom the information pertains, we will process only notarized requests. You will be provided a reasonable opportunity to correct errors if any of the personal information is inaccurate.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Notice, or our privacy practices, please contact us at the following address:
DISH Network L.L.C.
P.O. Box 6655
Englewood, CO 80155-6655
If you believe that you have been aggrieved by any act of ours in violation of your privacy rights with respect to the collection or disclosure of your personal information, you may bring an action seeking damages, attorney’s fees, and litigation costs reasonably incurred. If you are a subscriber to our Services or have otherwise agreed to our Residential Customer Agreement, then any dispute relating to your privacy rights or arising out of this Notice or the Service is subject to any dispute resolution procedures or provisions provided in your Residential Customer Agreement.
We may modify this Notice at any time. We will notify you of any material changes through written, electronic, or other means as permitted by law.Version: March 18, 2021