Out with the old, in with the new! In case you missed it, DISH Anywhere rolled out a fresh new look for Android and iOS smartphones. This updated UI now matches the DISH Anywhere app redesign released on iPad, Android and Kindle tablets last August.
- ClicktoTweet: ICYMI: DISH Anywhere has a fresh new look with a redesigned user interface for Android and iOS smartphones
DISH Anywhere on mobile phones now has a flat, dark background, making it easier for you to navigate your favorite TV shows.
With this UI update, DISH Anywhere on smartphones now includes the following features:
- Personalized recommendations: This feature allows you to find new shows based on what you’re currently watching or what you’ve already viewed.
- What’s Hot: What’s Hot makes it easy to find a TV show, movie or sports event to watch by highlighting the most popular programs based on real-time data from viewers. You can filter programs by local or national viewership and different genres.
- Sports: The app features Thuuz Sports’ excitement ratings for every game across the NFL and NCAAF, as well as MLB, NBA, NCAAB and NHL. Using real-time and predictive analytics, this feature alerts to the most exciting live and upcoming games on TV with an easy 0-100 scale.
- Media page: This Media page aggregates info from the Guide, DVR recordings and Video-On-Demand into one place so you can easily see all of the available ways to watch a specific program. This includes if a show is currently on TV, when upcoming episodes are airing, and whether or not episodes are recorded on your Hopper or accessible in your VOD catalog.
- Watchlist:You can add shows and movies to a “Watchlist,” consolidating desired TV shows into an easily-accessible list to watch later.
- Recents: The drop down menu gives you the ability to quickly resume your recording and VOD programs.
Follow @DISHNews to learn more about our DISH Anywhere app.