Summer is approaching, which means it’s time to get your travel plans in order. Whether you’re going camping, taking a road trip or hanging out at the beach, chances are you’ll have some time to kill. (Think long car rides, waiting at the airport or relaxing when you have some downtime on vacation.) While it would be great to bring your DVR along to keep you entertained on all of your adventures, you likely won’t be able to fit it in your suitcase.
But what if you could?
Now available to DISH customers nationwide is HopperGO for $99 with no monthly fees. Announced earlier this year at CES, HopperGO is a pocket-sized personal mobile video drive that allows you to take your favorite shows and movies with you wherever you go.
Using HopperGO is simple. Plug it into your Hopper 3 or Hopper 2 DVR, and select which recorded programs you’d like to transfer using the DISH Anywhere mobile app. If you don’t know what you’ll be in the mood to watch on your trip, no worries! HopperGO holds up to 100 hours of content, so you don’t have to pick and choose.
Once you’ve transferred your content, unplug your HopperGO from your set-top box, and connect your mobile device to HopperGO’s private wireless network. Then watch your programs using the DISH Anywhere app available on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, as well as Kindle tablets. Up to five users can connect to a HopperGO to stream up to five different shows simultaneously, so it will keep your whole family entertained while traveling.
Here are some instructions to help you get started with your HopperGO.
Connecting your HopperGO
- Use the micro-USB cable to plug your HopperGO into your Hopper.
- Verify that you see an on-screen notification that says HopperGO Connecting.
- Once connected, a pop-up will appear that says HopperGO Ready!
Transferring recordings to your HopperGO
- Open the DISH Anywhere app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Once in the DISH Anywhere app, go to the DVR tab and choose a recording to transfer.
- Tap Transfer, and then select Transfer to HopperGO.
Watching your recordings in the DISH Anywhere app
- After your recording has fully transferred, unplug your HopperGO from your Hopper.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the HopperGO wireless network (The wireless name and password are printed on the sticker at the bottom of the HopperGO).
- Log into the DISH Anywhere app, and tap the Transfers
- Select the HopperGO option, then choose which recording you want to watch and enjoy!
DISH customers can purchase a HopperGO for $99 with no monthly fees by calling 1-800-333-DISH or visiting their nearest retailer. For additional instructions on how to use your HopperGO, visit www.mydish.com/support/hoppergo.
Stay up-to-date on the latest DISH announcements by following @DISHNews.