Enjoy HANDS-FREE TV® with DISH and the Google Assistant
Just say the magic words—“Ok, Google”—to watch DISH TV without lifting a finger.
FIRST, enable DISH TV in the Google Home app
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Sign in to your Google account, if needed.
- From the upper-left Menu dropdown, select HOME CONTROL.
- Select the “+” sign, and then choose DISH from the list.
THEN, pair your Internet-connected receiver with the Google Assistant
- On your DISH receiver, go to MENU, then SETTINGS, and then select GOOGLE ASSISTANT.
- Select GET CODE from the screen.
- Enter the code from the screen into the Google Home app and select ACTIVATE.
- Wait for the app to find discoverable devices. Confirm your devices and assign them to the correct room.
Google Home requires internet-connected Hopper®, Joey®, Wally™, and any Google Assistant-enabled device. Google, Google Home, and Google Assistant are trademarks of Google LLC.
Example “OK Google” DISH Network Commands
To start watching DISH TV with Google, just say, “Hey Google” or “OK Google,” and DISH Network will find results based on the show title, genre, or control feature you say next. Here are some examples of voice commands you can give after getting your Google Home’s attention.
Go to HGTV
Find College GameDay
Search for sitcoms
Change channel to NBC
See what's on channel 404
Play This is Us
Resume or play
Rewind 15 seconds